Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Guess is currently a clinical assistant professor in small animal internal medicine. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Education Psychology and has research interests in teaching pedagogy, resilience, education statistics, and clinical supervision. Her additional research interests include chronic kidney disease and diseases of the gall bladder and biliary tract.
BS (Zoology) – Washington State University
DVM – Washington State University
MS (Biomedical Sciences) – Kansas State University
Board certification - DACVIM (SAIM)
Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency – Kansas State University
- Guess SC, Harkin KR, Biller DS (2015) Anicteric gallbladder rupture in dogs: 5 cases (2007-2013) J Am Vet Med Assoc. 247(12):1412-4. doi: 10.2460/javma.247.12.1412. PMID: 26642136
- Meekins JM, Guess SC, Rankin AJ. (2015) Retinopathy associated with ivermectin toxicosis in five cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 246(11):1238-41. doi: 10.2460/javma.246.11.1238. PMID: 25970221
- KuKanich K, KuKanich B, Guess S, Heinrich E (2016) Effect of Sucralfate on the Relative Bioavailability of Enrofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin in Healthy Fed Dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 30(1):108-15. doi: 10.1111/jvim.13796. Epub 2015 Dec 9. PMID: 26651022 PMCID: PMC4913628
- Guess, Sarah C.; Yerramilli, Maha; Obare, Edward F.; Grauer, Gregory F. (2018) Longitudinal Evaluation of Symmetric Dimethylarginine (SDMA) in dogs developing chronic kidney disease International Journal of Applied Research in Veterinary Medicine Vol. 16 Issue 2, p122-130. 9p.
- Guess SC, Matthew SM, McArthur ML (2019) Resilience in Veterinary Medicine Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2019 ACVIM Forum Conference Proceedings
- Guess SC, Grauer (2017) Acute Kidney Injury BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Nephrology and Urology, 3^rd^ Ed. 2017
- Rothacker T, Guess SC, Pohlman LM (2017) Pancytopenia in a cat Clinicians Brief
- Grauer G, Guess SC (2016) Azotemia and Acute Kidney Injury Clinicians Brief